Our Sense Organs and Their Uses
- Eye - Sight
- Ear - Hearing
- Nose - Smell
- Tongue - Taste
- Skin - Touch
- We make use of our 5 sense organs to sense things around us.
- These senses help us to learn about the things of our surroundings.
- Our senses also help us to avoid danger around us.
Our Sense of Sight
- Our sense of sight help us to find the differences between objects, like the colour, shape and size.
- With our sense of sight, we are able to recognise the people and things we see.
- We can recognise people and things by finding them, counting them, and more.
Our Sense of Hearing
- Our sense of hearing help us to know the different kinds of sound and the volume and pitch of the sound.
- Sounds may be pleasant and unpleasant.
- Pleasent sounds are like music and unpleasant sounds are like noise.
- Our sense of hearing also help us to regconise different sounds and let us listen to others or speak to others. It also help us to learn and understand emergency sound signals like the police siren and fire alarm.
- We also can know whether the sound is near to us or far from us by our sense of hearing.
Our Sense of Smell
- Our Sense of Smell tell us whether the thing has a pleasant, unpleasant smell or no smell at all.
- We have different regards to smells.
- Our Sense of Smell helps us to detect the danger around our enviroment.
- We must not smell harmful substances like glue, turpentine, etc.These substances are commonly found around us and they are bad for our health.
Our Sense of Taste
- Our sense of taste tells us about whether something have taste or not.
- There are 4 basic types of tastes - sweet, sour, bitter and salty.
- Lots of food have different types of taste - example, sweet and sour or sweet and bitter.
- Different people have different opinion to taste.
Our Sense of Touch
- We use our Sense of Touch to feel an object.
- Our Sense of Touch tell us the shape, size and texture of an object.
- We can feel whether something is hot or cold, hard or soft, wet or dry with our Sense of Touch.
- We can feel our surroundings with our skin.
- Our Sense of Touch helps us to detect danger and keep away from danger.
Our Sense of Sight, Hearing, Smell, Taste and Touch is very important to us.